Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lip-Smackin' Crock Pot Ribs

If you're a vegetarian, I apologize. This recipe is clearly not for you.

Feeling an aching in my bones for a hearty meal, and decidedly not aching to slave over the grill in order to produce said meal, I settled on testing the waters and trying my hand at some crock pot ribs. My co-worker raved about her success with this method, and LinkI am soooo glad I work with a trustworthy bunch (and not a group of Dwights a la The Office trying to con me constantly)! I think Jay thanks Anne just as much as I do for this fantastic (and easy) rib recipe!

I made my "own" barbecue sauce using a mixture of about 3/4 cup pre-prepared sauce, such as Sweet Baby Ray's (yes, I'm aware that would be classified as cheating, but I wanted to cover my bases in case my mixture was not quite right). To that I added about 1 cup ketchup, 2 T. cider vinegar, about 2 T. brown sugar, about 1 T. Worcestershire sauce, and a little bit of garlic and onion powder.

Serve with extra barbecue sauce, some homemade fries (or carrot fries!), and some baked beans for some real grill-time fun (sans grill)!
The Stuff:
  • crock pot
The Edibles:
  • one slab pork back ribs (cut into two half-slabs)
  • 1 onion
  • a lot of barbecue sauce (I think I used about 2 cups)
The Making:
  1. Mince onion. Place in crock pot
  2. Place about 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce in the bottom of the pot. Swirl around a bit.
  3. Cover ribs with barbecue sauce. I also picked up some of the onion pieces and put them on the ribs.
  4. Cook for 10 hours on low. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment