Similar in texture to a crepe, this pancake is a protein powerhouse, making it a great addition to a post-workout breakfast. Without real maple syrup on hand (I accept no substitutes, sorry Aunt Jemima), I resorted to topping with some blackberry jam and some strawberries. Delicious.
This recipe makes one medium pancake. I use "natural" protein powder, meaning that it is essentially flavorless, so I added a hefty dash of cinnamon and some sweetener to make it palatable. Still, flavored protein powders (such as chocolate or vanilla) are definitely an option, and you can change things up a bit if you try different flavored yogurts!
- small sauté pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 T. protein powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 T. water (omit if not using Greek yogurt)
- In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients. The batter may be a bit thick.
- Place a small sauté pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and cook like a normal pancake. The cake will be ready for flipping once it appears less glossy and firmed up.
- Serve with whatever toppings you desire.