You'll see that I enjoyed a baked sweet potato aside the chicken. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend this pairing, I had a craving. You can't fight those. Conversely, Jay perfectly complimented the chicken with quinoa flavored with a bit of teriyaki sauce poured over the top. Now that might be a bit more appropriate. But to each, his own.
- a crock pot (also known as a slow cooker)
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice
- Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice (alternatively you could just use teriyaki sauce)
- 3-5 fresh or defrosted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Optional: Grilled fresh pineapple slices
- Dump pineapple can contents into crockpot (include the juice). Place chicken breasts in the pot atop the pineapple. Pour marinade over chicken breast. (I would estimate I used 1/4 cup... it wasn't much). Flip chicken breasts over to ensure that they are fully covered in marinade.
- Cook in the crock pot 6 & 1/2 hours on low, or 3 to 3 & 1/2 hours on high.
- Serve with grilled pineapple if desired, and devour.