Monday, May 3, 2010

Crock Pot Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken

Again, this recipe is waaay too easy. I make at least one meal a week in my crock pot, simply because I love leaving work knowing that dinner is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Dump, press the button, and presto! (Okay, maybe it's not quite like that; there is a bit of wait-time.) I prefer to make my crock pot meals during the week, because when made on the weekend I find myself impatiently lifting up the top, looking, smelling, salivating. And that's a major no-no when cooking with a slow cooker. They say that one is supposed to add 15 to 30 minutes every time you lift the lid. So essentially I'm only prolonging the agony. The horror!

You'll see that I enjoyed a baked sweet potato aside the chicken. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend this pairing, I had a craving. You can't fight those. Conversely, Jay perfectly complimented the chicken with quinoa flavored with a bit of teriyaki sauce poured over the top. Now that might be a bit more appropriate. But to each, his own.

The Stuff:
  • a crock pot (also known as a slow cooker)
The Edibles:
  • 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice
  • Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice (alternatively you could just use teriyaki sauce)
  • 3-5 fresh or defrosted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • Optional: Grilled fresh pineapple slices
The Making:
  1. Dump pineapple can contents into crockpot (include the juice). Place chicken breasts in the pot atop the pineapple. Pour marinade over chicken breast. (I would estimate I used 1/4 cup... it wasn't much). Flip chicken breasts over to ensure that they are fully covered in marinade.
  2. Cook in the crock pot 6 & 1/2 hours on low, or 3 to 3 & 1/2 hours on high.
  3. Serve with grilled pineapple if desired, and devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment