Thursday, August 5, 2010

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

If you have nightmares about smelly, dry turkey burgers, these burgers will turn your world upside-down. Jay has become the teriyaki burger master, and not only do these not smell funky, which a common characteristic of ground turkey, they are way way moist and simply "OMG!"-worthy!!

So where are the "good" pictures of these juicy bad-boys? I know; I know. The ones I've included barely do them justice. I find it hilarious that the only images I have are of them on the grill. Chalk it up to the fact that as soon as they're plated, all I want to do is dive in and enjoy the amazing the meat that just oozes teriyaki goodness. Seeing as we've made these twice in the past month, I have a feeling they'll make a more glamorous appearance in the near future.

The teriyaki we use is special, some might say, "veri veri" special. It's called Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki and it rocks my socks off. If you feel like going all-out, top these burgers with some chopped mushrooms (I prefer portabellas for both in the burgers and on top) sauteed in a little bit of teriyaki. Jay likes his with swiss or meunster cheese, but I'm more of a plain ol' burger kinda gal.

The Stuff:
  • medium bowl (for mixing your meat)
  • grill (for gillin')
The Edibles:
  • about 1 lb. ground turkey breast
  • 3/4 c. teriyaki sauce
  • 3/4 c. mushrooms, chopped
  • 3/4 c. plain bread crumbs
The Making:
  1. Preheat grill.
  2. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, mushrooms, and teriyaki sauce. Add turkey to the mixture and form into 5 patties, about 3/4" thick.
  3. Place patties on grill, cover and cook on medium heat. Patties should take anywhere between 12-14 minutes to cook. Cut into a thicker patty to ensure that they are fully cooked and not pink.
  4. Our favorite way to serve them? On a pretzel roll, topped with meunster cheese and 1/4 c. teriyaki-sauteed mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment