Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Friendship Cookies

I decided to call these "Friendship Cookies" for two reasons. First off, my initial purpose in making these little gems was/is to honor the awesomeness of a coworker who is moving on to bigger and better things. In response to my questioning him as to what type of baked good he wanted for our celebration of his new endeavor he replied, "Something full fat, full everything. The works." It was then that I knew that an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bake-a-thon was in my future.

These cookies are also near-and-dear to the heart of another friend of mine. Jay loves, and I mean loves these cookies. But I should specify: he loves these cookies in this form (not the beefed-up Luke's Cookies style that are amped with protein powder, wheat germ, and other goodies). And sadly, I do have to agree. Not only are these super simple to make (thanks to Paula Dean), but they are awesomely delicious. I couldn't help myself and make them a little (just a teensey-bit) healthier with the addition of flax seed and butter combo, but I swear, you can't tell one bit. These are some hefty cookies that really deliver... and help make sure your friends stick around.
The Stuff:
  • large baking sheet
  • non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
  • medium mixing bowl
The Edibles:
The Making:
  1. Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a baking sheet by either spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining it with a piece of parchment paper.
  2. Mix all of the edibles together until well combined. The mixture will be thick, but I was able to mix them rather easily with just a fork.
  3. Spoon by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until slightly golden on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment