Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Banana Soft Serve

Two days ago I purchased a food processor. Using both a coupon and a gift certificate ordered through my bank's rewards program, the appliance cost me just over $10. Even if I had paid the original $40 for which it was listed, the ability to make this sweet treat would have has made it worth every penny. Seriously. Not only is it totally guilt-free (I mean seriously, it's pretty much just a banana), but it really has the consistency of soft serve, a dessert that around here goes for at least $4... without any additional toppings. I had been trying for weeks to make this in my blender with little success (it never really, totally blender-ized/soft-serve-ized, no matter how much I varied the banana-to-liquid ratio), so seeing this come to fruition this evening really made me giggle. I can't wait to play with this some more! (I hear peanut butter is a good add-in... stay tuned!)
The Stuff:
  • food processor
The Edibles:
  • 1 banana, broken into at least 4 pieces and frozen
  • 1-2 T. milk
  • about 2 drops vanilla extract
  • 1 packet Splenda (or 2 tsp. sugar), optional
The Making:
  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and whirl away. Eventually you will have a mixture the consistency of soft serve ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. The Banana recipe looks awesome. I may have to try that tonight. I made the Baba Ganoush and had to up the spices quite a bit. Everyone loved it. I also did the watermelon, using the basil. I felt the basil might be too strong, but, again, others seemed to love it. I also just enjoyed the watermelon w/the balsamic vinegar. You challenge me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar wasn't necessary, but I wished I'd peeled the bananas before freezing them. I used a wand instead of a blender. I felt virtuous eating this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete